Rediff.com« Back to articlePrint this article

Hyd blasts: Toll rises to 17 as another victim dies

March 06, 2013 23:55 IST

The toll in last month's twin blasts in Hyderabad rose to 17 on Wednesday with an injured person succumbing while undergoing treatment at a private hospital, sources said.

Ravi, 25, who sustained serious injuries in the blast, breathed his last late last night after battling for life for 15 days, hospital sources said.

About 35 people, who suffered injuries of various nature, are undergoing treatment in different hospitals in the city.

As many as 16 people were killed and over 100 others injured in the blasts that were triggered by powerful IEDs planted near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar on February 21.

© Copyright 2025 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.